Hot Bellamy Young

Born in Asheville, North Carolina, Bellamy is a graduate of Yale University. She also studied at Oxford University in England. In New York, she starred on Broadway as Mary in Cy Coleman's "The Life" and also as Meg in the revival of Stephen Sondheim's "Merrily We Roll Along". Other notable theater credits include Margaret in the world premiere of Randy Newman's "Faust" and LouAnn in the world premiere of Lanford Wilson's "Book of Days". In January 2016, Young met British actor Ed Weeks, (best known for his role in The Mindy Project) and the two went public with their relationship in February 2016 at the Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscars after party. Was North Carolina's Junior Miss 1987. The First Lady is such a fascinating office to hold. You're not elected, but it's very much official. You can see the latitude of power of that office. Jackie O was so capable in so many ways. Hillary tried to redefine the role when she got into public policy, and Michelle Obama is able to move smoothly between form and function, style and substance.

I used to be so hard on myself. So hard on myself. Just my own worst critic to the nth degree. Absolutely undermining my confidence in every moment. Bad tape in my head all the time. I think you choose how you walk through this life. I think if you choose to participate in a paradigm that is looks-based, if you're an actor, then it can be empowering in some ways, and it can be really limiting in some ways in terms of time and longevity. I started singing when I was about 3 and dancing soon after. Mom just started looking for outlets where I could perform and availed herself of any opportunity she could in the mountains of North Carolina in the '70s. With Yale, my world got so big all of a sudden. At school, if you could dream it, someone would make it so that you could do it. It was magical. I had a lot going on, as you do when you're 17, and didn't necessarily capitalize on all of it, but it made me see possibility in a way that I hadn't before.

Bellamy Young
Page 1 Page 2