Jessica Lucas

Jessica Lucas (born September 24, 1985 in Vancouver, British Columbia) is a Canadian actress and singer. She is known for her roles in television, such as Edgemont, Melrose Place, Cult, and Gotham, and in the films The Covenant, Cloverfield and the 2013 Evil Dead. She also starred in the music video for Coldplay's 2014 single "True Love". Her father is Black Canadian, and her mother is Caucasian. She was cast in another ABC television pilot, Secrets of a Small Town, though it was not picked up to series. Born and raised in Vancouver, Canada and has been acting since she was only seven years old. She began her professional training with Children's Theatre Arts from 1992 through 1994.

What I noticed about L.A. is that people try to hit on you in your car. It's incredibly creepy to be in a car and have the guy next to you roll down his window. L.A. can be very superficial, and it's hard to meet cool people here. I try to stay away from the glitzy side of the business and have a normal life as much as possible. I keep to myself. I'm not going to date a crazy party animal; I'm more into culture. I'd rather go to a museum, travel somewhere, or go to a play. That's more interesting to me than partying at the hottest club. I started in community theater at seven years old. I loved being on stage and performing. At the time, I didn't correlate that the stuff I was doing on stage was the same thing that I was watching in my favorite films. I guess you can consider photo shoots modeling, but it's never really interested me. I find it somewhat boring, actually. It wouldn't be something I would do.